Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recipe Cards


Recipe cards...  
When it comes down to it, I am a collector at heart.  I try to keep it in check, no sense in storing up riches... 
But, there are some things that I just hang on to:  favorite books, sea glass, great yarn, buttons, paint brushes, pictures, momentos from the boys, sweet reminders from the hubby, and of course recipe cards.  
   I like to search out recipes, I like to write them out, I like to share them and of course I love to cook them!  I adore new recipes.  I suppose recipe cards are one way that I collect cooking.  I like to write little notes on them, what I tried different, what worked and what didn't.  Or I write the date on it, as if I passed it after a music lesson! (you know, after you sufficiently accomplished a musical score you get the date put on it)
At any rate, recipe cards are on little paper product that I find endearing.  (Can I say that?)


Obsession with Pink
I can't put my finger on the exact date when fushia/ pink became a problem.  No, I wasn't a pink lover as a child.  There were no pink comforters and pillow cases, I didn't wear pink ribbons.  If you asked me what my favorite color was, I would have told you blue.
So what happened? I don't know.  If you ask my husband I am color blind, or suffer from color dementia; some days I just don't know green from blue....


I splash fushia/ pink with out shame across the blog and etsy site. I take artistic liberties with our name (Vermilion is not a fushia pink red, it is an orangish-red). I get tickled when I mix up that glorious color.  And Mr. Henry always, always looks best when his rollers are inked in that color.


If I were asked to pick a color that best described me, I would not pick pink...
I must be in pink denial.




Eat Your Cake Too


Photographing your letterpress isn't always easy.  I mean, it's a flat piece of paper!  There are no angles on paper, again it's flat!  So I have to get creative with the photography.  Looking at photo after photo of pieces of paper gets menotinous pretty quick. Not to mention I loose motivation.
So generally, I end up using props.  (Sounds so silly to say it).  Props of something that is related.  
Today= PINK CAKE!!!


And yes, I ate some....  I thought it made the photo...














Here is another treasury with some cute recipe cards....



1 comment:

Michelle | Sticker Printing said...

Those are some cute pink stuff! I especially like the pink cardboard cupcake, makes me want to order one just like it.